Gala 2022 Program / Schedule of Events
The information found below should help you find your way both to and through the event and its happenings.
Before the Event
- Share the skinny. Do us a solid and make certain that any and all of your guests are aware of the information below, specifically arrival time and location, so that everything goes sound as a pound.
- Get your threads together. LEAD’s Gala is fancy dress and black tie optional. But remember: It’s disco night. It is a time for platform shoes, flared pants, and all that glitters, be it gold or otherwise.
- Get the lowdown on any and all Auction items up for grabs by clicking here to visit our Auction site before the night’s events. Gather up some good vibes and some fab swag by placing your bid today. (And just so things stay copacetic: Register in advance to make bidding easier on the night of the Gala.)
- Know the location. A Night at the Disco is being hosted by the good people at The Lake Forest Club. Click here for full map details and directions. And give yourself plenty of time to get there, as…
- A Night at the Disco check-in begins at 6:30PM Central Time. The bar shall be opened, the hors d’oeuvres carried out, and the dance floor readied for your entry.
Run of Show
The ten-four of the night’s goings, by the minute mark. (Subject to change, of course, as dancin’ and jivin’ directs.)
- 6:30PM Check-In begins. Grab a drink and some hors d’oeuvres and mingle. Don’t be a wallflower.
- 7:30PM Seating begins. Find your table, slide into your seat, and take a listen to our Board President Patrick Sassen as he opens the night’s events. Service will begin with a plate of Sister Sledge Salad: Mixed greens, dried cherries, slivered almonds, and goat cheese alongside cornbread croutons and vanilla vinaigrette.
- 7:50PM A round of applause is due, as we organize the presentation of The 2022 Peter Bensinger Lifetime Achievement Award to this year’s recipient, Dr. Lisa Leali.
- 8:10PM Entrees are served. Enjoy an elevated augmentation of the TV dinner, consisting of Beef Filet or Roasted Chicken served Salisbury style and topped with crispy onions, nestled alongside pomme puree and haricot vert accented with a maize fritter.
- 8:30PM Our Silent Auction will officially close as our Live Auction begins. Place your bids and gather up something fab whilst the night’s dessert is served. Enjoy a bit of redefined Hostess nostalgia of Twinkies and Ding Dongs.
- 8:40PM Take a breather from all that good eating while our CEO, Andy Duran, regales you with the night’s keynote, leading you through Raise the Paddle, Heads & Tails, and other doings.
- 9:00PM The dance floor opens. Time for all you closet disco queens and kings to strut your stuff.
- 11:00PM Our event comes to a close. You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here. We shall catch you on the flip side.
Can you dig it?
For your convenience, below you’ll find a quick list of helpful links to help you prep and find your way. And, should you have any questions that still need answering, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or at (847) 250-0200. We’ll be hip and happy to help.
Can’t wait to see you on the dance floor.
Until then: Peace, love, and granola!